University Park Airport’s Aviation Center Planning Renovations
The Aviation Center at University Park Airport is getting a facelift.
The Penn State Aviation Center serves corporate, private, and recreational aviators and provides secure hangars; professional maintenance and repair services; executive conference rooms; and a comfortable crew lounge with a kitchen, TV, wireless internet, and weather/flight planning station.
“We are always striving to remain competitive and provide the best customer service and experience, and as part of that effort, University Park Airport and the Penn State Aviation Center is being upgraded and improved,” says Ed Foster, associate director of University Park Airport.
The renovation is expected to be complete by November 2018. Modifications that will enhance the aviation customer experience include the following:
• Faster customer processing
• More efficient use of terminal space
• Enhanced screening of charter operations through the terminal
• Additional access control at several locations within the terminal to improve security
• Expanded customer service/information desk space for improved service during peak periods
• Energy-efficient LED lights in the lobby, creating a brighter, more inviting space
The renovation also includes relocating of service equipment—including icemaker, refrigerator for catering deliveries, and coffee counter for customers—to a more convenient location near the customer service desk, which will improve efficiency and convenience for customers.
The Penn State Aviation Center is open 24/7.